Today I have come with a super great trick tested on Samsung Galaxy Y which helps us to overclock your Samsung Galaxy Y to 1.2 GHz. below giving 2 procedure see which one you like. I earlier posted a guide to Overclock Samsung Galaxy Y to 900 MHz but the today one is more speedy and MERRUK’S KERNEL 2.5 STABLE Installation .
This Kernel is tested and is successfully working on Stock Deodexed ROMs and is working on some Custom ROMs like USSR v5 (Untested on v6). If you are stuck into bootloops then please don’t blame me because the kernel was not made by me. It was made by @Maroc-OS on XDA-Developers.
This risk of overclocking is there. Please be caution while overclocking. i am not responsible for any damage to your device. This is only made for Samsung Galaxy Y and not for it’s duos, pro duos or pro version.
- Download the Merruk 2.5 kernel and Kernel updater script
- Put both the files in Micro-SD Card
- Switch off your phone
- Boot into recovery by pressing Volume up, Home Button and Power Button together and leaving all these three buttons when you see Samsung Logo
- Navigate via Volume buttons and select “Install zip from SD Card” by pressing Home Button.
- Locate the kernel_update.zip and flash it
- Now Reboot your phone.
- Install No-Frills CPU from Google Play store and overclock your phone via this by changing the max speed of your processor.
Steps to overclock :-
- Reflash Fresh Stock DXLF Rom
- Enter Cwm Recovery (Permanent) or (Temporary)
- Go to Backup & Storage then Select Backup
- Then Install EXT4Final.zip Via Cwm
- Reboot to Download Mode & Install Using Odin Pda.merruk.tar Via Pda (Leave others black like Phone and CSC)
- Reboot to Recovery, now you have a Permanent Cwm
- Goto Backup & Storage then Select Advanced Restore then Seclect the Latest Backup then Restore System
- When Installation is Complete, Wipe cache/data
- Reboot Device (Note: Bootanimation Doesn’t work)
- After Booting Sucessfully, Using Adb Push Command to push all files from Kernel_Modules.zip