Hi guys, this is my first post with description in it.
I got numerous requests on making the tutorial of
‘Rooting Samsung Galaxy Y’
So, I finally made it for you guys!
The tutorial is way easy but can be troublesome if followed incorrectly.
I have explained the description in it,
1) Download the update.zip file here – LINK
2) Now copy this update.zip file directly in your phone’s SD Card not in any folder.
3) Switch off your device and restart it into recovery mode using the following key combination
Volume UP + Home Button + Power Button
4) You will find your phone in recovery mode with blue coloured UI. You cannot use touchscreen while your phone is in recovery mode.
For making selections and movements, you have to make use of volume up/down keys and make the selection by pressing home key.
5) In the recovery mode menu, there is an option ‘apply update from sdcard’ Select it.
6) Choose the pasted update.zip and click on “yes”.
7) After the patching of that file, you will be back to the menu, and there it’s written “reboot system now”. Select it.
8) After the reboot, go to phone’s main menu and if you are able to find the “SuperUser” App on it, it will simply mean that you have rooted your phone!